Avinder Laroya, Mediator and Chartered Arbitrator,
Founder of Minute Mediation
I am a CEDR accredited Mediator, Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb), registered with the Civil Mediation Council (“CMC”) and the International Mediation Institute (“IMI”). I am also a Solicitor authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority. As an expert civil and commercial mediator, I’ve also undertaken specialist training in workplace and online mediation ODR. I am a specialist in international dispute settlement with an LLM in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS).
Mediation Style and Approach
- My passion lies in being a Peace Builder. With so much conflict in the world, my aim is to bring resolution, helping others to explore possibilities, break deadlock and arrive at decisions efficiently and effectively.
- I am inspired and motivated by the mediation process which goes beyond litigation- supporting and ushering parties to explore emotional aspects of their conflict and decision-making styles. This further ensures that parties can “live” with their agreed upon decisions and outcomes.
- I have a strong mediator mindset with a natural ability to recognise sources of conflict easily in others and in my own relationships. I am versed in stepping back and questioning myself on how I could communicate better, explore possibilities, define and resolve disputes.
- Through my own personal development journey, and being an experienced Lawyer, Arbitrator and Mediator, I understand the psychology of human nature. I help my clients to understand their own personality and conflict styles thereby increasing their self-awareness.
- With a high emotional intelligence profile, I help my clients to better connect with themselves which helps them to understand why they are stuck in deadlock. This unlocks several success factors for my clients: ability to build trust quickly; ability to see mediation as an opportunity to test reality and to explore possibilities; reassurance that they are free to leave at any time; manage expectations on any guarantee of settlement, etc.
- With my extensive training and experience, I have a trained and natural ability to identify barriers and opportunities for resolving the conflict and to design a structure and process for the set time.
- I also have a strong cross-cultural understanding which supports me in putting my clients at ease and in trust building.
- I have Specialist Training in Workplace and Online Mediation (“ODR”), I am willing to travel nationally and internationally. Currently based between UK and Geneva, Switzerland.